Welcome To Hooked in the Mountains 2020
Our first virtual rug show as the global pandemic Covid-19 keeps us at home – unable to gather to share our work – but, for some, a year with more time to be creative.
This virtual exhibition gives us an opportunity to share the rugs we've made since our last show in October 2018.
The exhibition presents:
- Collections from our two featured artists
- Rugs, wall hangings, pillows, purses, footstools.. and more
- Stories about how the rugs came to be – the inspirations and motivations.
- Video interviews with some of the artists
- Information about rug-hooking for the uninitiated.
What is interesting in the Online Rug Show?
Limitations and Opportunities:
We can have just as many rugs, but also include more background information than our physical rug show spaces allow. We hope you’ll enjoy exploring the rugs, meeting the rug hooking artists, and reading about the stories behind the rugs.
Here are some fun figures about the scope of the guild and this show:
Juror Awards for Hooked in the Mountains Online Show
We have two gracious jurors in Susan Feller and Karen Miller. Each is a well known and fantastic fiber artist in her own right. Each has also judged for Rug Hooking Magazine’s “Celebrations”. Because they will not see the rugs in person they will judge based on the photos submitted.
We are asking them to choose their 3 favorite pieces in the Show. They will not judge by category but choose their overall favorites regardless of category. We imagine agreeing on 3 will be a challenge. We have asked them to write a bit about why they chose them. That will be interesting and educational for all of us.
And the winners are…… click here to reveal the winners!
Our online gallery consists of more than 150 rugs by 61 members of the Green Mountain Rug Hooking Guild. While the Guild is based in Vermont, our members are from 15 states and 2 Canadian provinces. Here are six random works to encourage your exploration. (Refresh your browser and see a different group of six!)5
We offer this show free of admission,
but welcome donations in any amount.
Tips on Exploring this Site:
Once you’re in the Rug Gallery, you have many options of how to view things:
- The whole show – ALL of the rugs in RANDOM ORDER. – get a different selection each time you load the page. Batches of 20 rugs will load and you can opt to LOAD MORE.
- A subset of the show by Subject Matter (filter and menus at the top of each page)
- A subset of the show by Styles / Techniques (options at the bottom of each page)
After viewing a single rug, you can return to ALL or to the subset you were browsing by using the menus at top or bottom of the pages.
From any collection page you can click on the category “tags” to see the other rugs in that category.
ZOOM IN MORE!
Wish you could zoom in and look around each rug in more detail? You can! It’s easy on a phone or tablet with spreading gesture, but if you’re on a computer you can follow these steps:
- Control-Click (Mac) or Right-Click (PC) on the main rug image and opt to open in a new tab.
- Then use your browser’s shortcuts to zoom in on the image. Command-+ (Mac) or Ctrl-+ (PC).
Command-zero (Mac) or Ctrl-zero (PC) will get you back to “normal” size.